Nature Summit COVID Policy and Plan
Levels 1 & 2
We are able to run the summit under Level 1 & 2 restrictions with increased measures in place to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
Levels 3 & 4
We are unable to run the Summit under Level 3 & 4 restrictions.
Operating Policy for Level 1 & 2 Restrictions
We are able to run the summit activities as per normal under alert level 1 & 2. We will be maintaining strict hygiene practises and social distancing (at level 2). Please see “Protecting yourself from COVID-19” below.
- We ask that anyone with flu-like symptoms or feels unwell at any time before or during the Summit to inform us immediately and socially distance themselves as much as possible from the rest of the group.
- We reserve the right to ask anyone we feel may be unwell and/or have flu like symptoms that may pose a risk to other attendees health and safety to leave thw Summit at any time.
- We ask that if you have had contact with anyone who may have COVID-19 or is self-isolating because of contact with COVID-19, we ask that you have a negative PCR test done before attending any the Summit.
- If you have been at any of the locations of interest posted by the Ministry of Health, we ask that you have a negative PCR test done before attending the Summit.
- We will have our business QR code displayed at each location as well as the bus transfer so that you can sign in. We will also be using our booking system to note who has attended.
- We will be practising social distancing when we are in the conference center and out in the field - under level 2 requirements.
- Before and after each session, hotel staff will be sanitizing the surfaces in our facilities.
- We strongly recommend the use of facial masks, our guides will be wearing them - compulsory at level 2 restrictions.
- On entering any transfer bus or the conference room we will ask you to please sanitize your hands.
- We ask that while at the Summit you do not share food or equipment with other guests.
- And as always we ask that everyone washes their hands - A lot!
COVID Cancellation Policy
- Anyone that gets sick after the summit has started will not receive a refund and must self isolate immediately.
- All deposits are non refundable as per the terms and conditions at the time of booking.
- If COVID lockdowns impact on the running of the Summit we will refund the balance of your booking minus the non refundable deposit.
- We strongly recommend that you have personal travel insurance with a policy that covers you if you become unwell and cannot attend the Summit.
- For the most part our normal 1 day and Weekend cancellation policy applies. Which can be found here https://www.photographyworkshops.co.nz/about/booking-and-cancellation-policy/
Protecting yourself from COVID-19
To find out the latest information and news releases on COVID-19 follow these links:
We also encourage the following guidelines recommending by the Ministry of Health:
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or by covering your mouth and nose with tissues.
- Put used tissues in the bin or a bag immediately.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often (for at least 20 seconds).
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
- Avoid personal contact, such as kissing, sharing cups or food with sick people.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects, such as doorknobs.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
We also recommend:
- We encourage you to refrain from all but non-essential travel before your workshop. If you must travel, then we need to know where you have been.
- Practice “social distancing”. You should be keeping a safe distance from others as much as possible in your daily life.
Anyone can also contact the Ministry of Health dedicated phone line for COVID-19 on 0800 358 545
We will be following the Ministry of Health guidelines for our workshops.
We will be sending this policy to you before the Summit, regarding the virus, our policies, and the precautionary measures we will be taking.