Join Us on a Quest to Showcase the Beauty of New Zealand!
Take part in showcasing New Zealand in all its beauty - from the breathtaking scenery and the wonderful people who live here to your fine art photos, we want to see it all.
Judged by award-winning expert photographers, there are 3 categories with many exciting prizes to be won.
The competition is now closed.
The winners will be announced on 1 November
in Issue 37 of NZPhotographer Magazine.
Landscapes, seascapes, cityscapes
and any work showcasing
Show us how you see our country
from a unique and creative
From street scenes to portraits -
let's showcase our wonderful
people of Aotearoa.
The People's Choice winner will also be selected based on the number of likes and shares of the images published on 20 October till 30 October.
3 Category Winners
Each winner receives:
- $250 cash
- Travel Tripod from Peak Design
- 24" x 17" Epson Signature Worthy print of your photo
- Feature in NZ Photographer Magazine
People's Choice Winner
• Interview in NZPhotographer Magazine
All winning and finalist entries will be featured on the Photo Community gallery app which is accessed by 200,000+ photo appreciators worldwide.
Creative & Fine Art
Judi Lapsley Miller
Judi creates fine art inspired by the stories of birds and the natural world. Through her art she advocates for the conservation and preservation of our native wildlife and wildspaces.
Known as Macrophy, Grant is a Christchurch based Photographer who specializes in Macro and close-up Photography. Grant's work has been featured and sold worldwide and he enjoys running Photography and Photoshop editing workshops New Zealand wide for individuals and groups/clubs.
People & Portraits
James runs Photospace in Courtenay Place which incorporates Photospace Gallery - NZ's longest-serving gallery specialising in contemporary photography. Photography is his full time occupation and his main passion, alongside music, books, and paranormal investigation (yes, truly!).
Charlotte E. Johnson
Adobe Certified Expert, award-winning photographer Charlotte works with local models, artists and fellow creatives to produce fine-art portraiture with a painterly style. She uses post-processing to enhance the feeling of the image and takes it from photograph to artwork.
LandscapeS & nature
With 40 years experience in creative industries, Ken is highly skilled in design, illustration and photography. Ken specialises in slow shutter speed, low light, water-in-motion images – “I love creating images that make you want to be there”.
Shaun is a nature and landscape photographer from Wellington. His photography has appeared in several books, and magazines such as New Zealand Geographic, Wilderness, and North and South.
Terms and Conditions
By entering the competition you agree to accept and be bound
by the terms and conditions below.
- Employees of Peak Design, Epson, New Zealand Photography Workshops, NZPhotographer magazine, Excio and their families, sponsors, agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition are not permitted to enter.
- You don't need to be a resident or citizen of New Zealand to participate, but images you submit for entry must have been taken in New Zealand.
- Copyright of all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. Winning and shortlisted images may be used by Partners, Sponsors and Judges of the competition on their websites and the respective social media channels free of charge for publicity purposes in connection with this competition and will be credited if used.
- Entries must be your own original work. For Fine Art category the main component of the photograph needs to be your original work but additional components where the copyright does not belong to the participating photographer in the final image are acceptable but those need to have been obtained with commercial-use licences.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Photographs must be saved as JPEG (.JPG) files, at a setting of 10 (100%) or higher; sRGB colour space, 8-bit.
- Strictly no watermarks / copyright units / borders / personal logos on images.
- Minimum size 1100 pixels on the shortest edge.
- Adjustments for exposure, white balance, contrast & levels are allowed.
- Cropping is allowed.
- Focus and exposure stacking, HDR, and stitched panoramas are allowed.
- Removal or insertion of features not in the original image is not allowed (except for the Fine Art category - see above).
- Judges have the right to request an original file from finalists.
- No parties will be responsible in any way for the publication of an entry that is subsequently found to be in breach of copyright. Any such entry will be immediately disqualified.
- All entries must be received by 11.59 pm NZT on the advertised closing date.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. In the unlikely event that a prize should become unavailable, the parties involved reserve the right to substitute a prize of their choosing.
- NZPhotographer magazine, Sponsors, and Partners of the competition cannot be held responsible and will not be liable for any loss or damage of prize (in the case of physical products) if sent to winners outside of New Zealand.
- Winners will be announced in the NZPhotographer magazine, on the website and on social media.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.