1 March 2020 - 10 April 2020
Show us the best view of New Zealand through your lens!
Judged by New Zealand award-winning photographers, the competition is now open for entries.
Win a Samyang 14mm F2.8Nikon / Sony / Canon Mount
1ST, 2ND and 3RD PLACE
24" x 17" Epson Signature Worthy print of your photo
Professional award-winning landscape, nature and wildlife photographer based in Wellington.
He has been guiding groups of photographers around New Zealand since 2010 and founded New Zealand Photography Workshops in 2013.
Ken has worked in and around the visual arts industries for more than 30 years.
Ken is highly involved in the relationships with the NZIPP, PSNZ, and Imaging association of NZ. He’s a keen photographer also, even after talking photo all week!
1) Captivating First Impressions – From the first impression does the image immediately grab the viewer's attention?
2) Creativity – Does the image illustrate strength in creativity?
3) Story and Emotional Connection – Is the image and story creating an emotional connection with the viewer?
4) Technical Ability – Is the image sharp, is the focus where it should be?
Terms and Conditions
By entering the competition you agree to accept and be bound
by the terms and conditions below.
- Employees of Samyang, Epson New Zealand, New Zealand Photography Workshops, NZPhotographer magazine, Excio and their families, sponsors, agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition are not permitted to enter.
- You don't need to be a resident or citizen of New Zealand to participate, but images you submit for entry must have been taken in New Zealand.
- Copyright of all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. Winning and shortlisted images may be used by Partners, Sponsors and Judges of the competition on their websites and the respective social media channels free of charge for publicity purposes in connection with this competition and will be credited if used.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Entries must be your own original work.
- Photographs must be saved as JPEG (.JPG) files, at a setting of 10 (100%) or higher; sRGB colour space, 8-bit..
- No watermarks / copyright units / borders / personal logos on images.
- Minimum size 1100 pixels on the shortest edge.
- Adjustments for exposure, white balance, contrast & levels are allowed.
- Cropping is allowed.
- Focus and exposure stacking, HDR, and stitched panoramas are allowed.
- Removal or insertion of features not in the original image is not allowed.
- Judges have the right to request an original file from finalists.
- No parties will be responsible in any way for the publication of an entry that is subsequently found to be in breach of copyright. Any such entry will be immediately disqualified.
- All entries must be received by 11.59pm NZT on the advertised closing date.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. In the unlikely event that a prize should become unavailable, the parties involved reserve the right to substitute a prize of their choosing.
- NZPhotographer magazine, Sponsors, and Partners of the competition cannot be held responsible and will not be liable for any loss or damage of prize (in the case of physical products) if sent to winners outside of New Zealand.
- Winners will be announced on 1 May 2020 in Issue 31 of NZPhotographer magazine, on the website and on social media.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.