Join Us on a Quest to Showcase the Beauty of New Zealand!
The competition is open 1 August 2020 - 10 October 2020.
The winners will be announced on 1 November
in Issue 37 of NZPhotographer Magazine.
First entry free
for paying subscribers
Submit 1 photo
To submit one photo you will be charged $15.00
Submit 3 photos
To submit three photos you will be charged $25.00
If you are an existing subscriber login to your account to submit.
Terms and Conditions
By entering the competition you agree to accept and be bound
by the terms and conditions below.
- Employees of Peak Design, Epson, New Zealand Photography Workshops, NZPhotographer magazine, Excio and their families, sponsors, agents or anyone professionally connected with the competition are not permitted to enter.
- You don't need to be a resident or citizen of New Zealand to participate, but images you submit for entry must have been taken in New Zealand.
- Copyright of all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. Winning and shortlisted images may be used by Partners, Sponsors and Judges of the competition on their websites and the respective social media channels free of charge for publicity purposes in connection with this competition and will be credited if used.
- Entries must be your own original work. For Fine Art category the main component of the photograph needs to be your original work but additional components where the copyright does not belong to the participating photographer in the final image are acceptable but those need to have been obtained with commercial-use licences.
- Late, illegible, incomplete, or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Photographs must be saved as JPEG (.JPG) files, at a setting of 10 (100%) or higher; sRGB colour space, 8-bit.
- Strictly no watermarks / copyright units / borders / personal logos on images.
- Minimum size 1100 pixels on the shortest edge.
- Adjustments for exposure, white balance, contrast & levels are allowed.
- Cropping is allowed.
- Focus and exposure stacking, HDR, and stitched panoramas are allowed.
- Removal or insertion of features not in the original image is not allowed (except for the Fine Art category - see above).
- Judges have the right to request an original file from finalists.
- No parties will be responsible in any way for the publication of an entry that is subsequently found to be in breach of copyright. Any such entry will be immediately disqualified.
- All entries must be received by 11.59 pm NZT on the advertised closing date.
- All prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash alternatives. In the unlikely event that a prize should become unavailable, the parties involved reserve the right to substitute a prize of their choosing.
- NZPhotographer magazine, Sponsors, and Partners of the competition cannot be held responsible and will not be liable for any loss or damage of prize (in the case of physical products) if sent to winners outside of New Zealand.
- Winners will be announced in the NZPhotographer magazine, on the website and on social media.
- The Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.